1. About IKA JICA Indonesia
- Established: February 22, 1981
- Category of members: Alumni of training, study, or seminar programs which were held in Japan as a part of the cooperation between Gov. of Indonesia and Gov. of Japan (through JICA), consist of government officials both in central and local levels.
- Total members: 9,023 (updated March 8, 2012)
- Organization structure:
- Executive Committee: works on a part-time voluntary basis
- Representatives at Government Agencies: they serve as coordinators of IKA JICA members within each respective institution in order to facilitate communication among each other.
- Branches: one way to decentralize the management and to facilitate communication and accommodate members who are living far from Jakarta. Now there are six (6) branches in Bogor (W. Java), Bandung (W. Java), Surabaya (E. Java), Makassar (S. Sulawesi), Medan (N. Sumatra), and Manado (North Sulawesi) where large number of ex-participants are domiciled.
- IKA JICA INDONESIA-NGO: Established on July 25, 2003.
- Past Programs (examples):
- Seminar on "the Bandar Kemayoran as an International Trade Center" (Mar. 2005)
- Seminar on "the Health Benefits of the Temulawak (Curcuma xanthorrhiza)" by one of the returnees from Japan (Mar. 2006)
- Hosted the "4th JICA Alumni Regional Conference" (Jakarta, Mar. 2 - 4, 2007)
- Seminar on "Food Safety" by one of the returnees from Japan (Mar. 20, 2007)
- Seminar on "The Benefit of Trainings in Japan for the Development in North Sulawesi Province" by IKA JICA North Sulawesi Branch (Manado, Sep. 30, 2009)
- Official Homepage:http://www.ikajica.or.id
Members of Asia JICA Alumni Association (ASJAA): Indonesia (IKA-JICA), Lao PDR, Philippines (PHILJAFA), Malaysia (JASM), Brunei, Cambodia (TAC), Myanmar (MAJA), Thailand (JAAT), Vietnam (ASAV), Singapore (JASS), East Timor (JICA-ETAA)
2. About KAPPIJA-21
- Established: March 18, 1985
- Category of members: Alumni of the Youth Invitation Program for the 21st Century and the Young Leaders Training Program consist of teachers, medical doctors, lawyers, businessmen, journalists, entertainers, parliament members, etc.
- Total members: 3,870 (updated March 20, 2012)
- Organization structure:
- National Committee: Elected by Local Committee in the General Assembly every 3 year.
- Local Committee: Elected by registered members in respective provinces. There are now 12 Local Committees around Indonesia: Aceh, Northern Sumatra, Southern Sumatra, W. Sumatra, Jakarta, W. Java, C. Java, Yogyakarta, E. Java, Kalimantan, Eastern Indonesia, Bali-Nusa Tenggara. Each of them coordinates with VPs and annually presents its progress reports at the KAPPIJA-21 National Leaders Meeting (RAPIMNAS).
- Patron Institutions: JICA Indonesia Office, State Secretariat of the Republic of Indonesia, Embassy of Japan, Ministry of National Education, and Ministry of Youth & Sports
- KAPPIJA-NGO: Established on August 9, 2002 for the purpose to support social activity and to strengthen social institution relationships both nationally and internationally. It also collaborates with JICA Indonesia Office for JICA-NGO Desk office management and assisting socialization of JICA-CEP and JPP activities.
- Past programs (examples):
- Held a workshop on "The Relationship between Indonesia-Japan Post-IMF Era" in March 2003 at Wisma Kosgoro Building
- Participated in "The Japan & Indonesia Youth Symposium of Japan-ASEAN Exchange Year 2003" in July 2003 at NAM Center
- Held a One Day Orientation on NGO on "The Role of Non Governmental Organization (NGO) to Support Acceleration of Autonomy and Decentralization in Indonesia" (Mar. 2004)
- Held a joint activity with the Sekar Foundation on social services for the street children and poor community in North Jakarta (Jul. 2004)
- Hosted "The Japan-ASEAN Regional Youth Camp 2004" at Depok, West Java (Oct. 1 - 4, 2004)
- Hosted "the 19th ASEAN-Japan Friendship Association for the 21st Century (AJAFA-21) Executive Council Meeting" at Jakarta (Feb. 9-12, 2007)
- Held a "Blood Donation Drive" by KAPPIJA-21 DKI Jakarta Chapter (Mar. 21, 2009)
- Hold an "Essay Contest" by KAPPIJA-21 DKI Jakarta Chapter (Nov. 2009)
- Held a Workshop on "South Sulawesi: Going through to the Better World" in Makassar (Feb. 11, 2010)
- Held a Workshop and Regional Congress of the NAD Chapter in Banda Aceh (Feb. 13, 2010)
- Official Homepage :http://www.kappija-21.or.id
Members of ASEAN-Japan Friendship Association for the 21st Century (AJAFA-21):
Indonesia (KAPPIJA-21), Lao PDR (LAYCFP), Philippines (PAJAFA-21), Malaysia (PAMAJA), Brunei (PERTAB-1-21), Cambodia (JAAC), Myanmar, Thailand (FYAA), Vietnam (VACYF), Singapore
3. About ODA Loan
Alumni (Under Construction)