December 9, 2022
On December 8, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed a loan agreement with the Government of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in Amman to provide a Japanese ODA loan of up to 15,000 million yen for the Electricity Sector Reform and Resilience Enhancement Program Loan.
The objective of the program loan is to support the reform of the electricity sector and the enhancement of energy resilience by providing financial assistance, thereby contributing to the promotion of economic stabilization and development efforts in Jordan. This program loan will contribute to the achievement of SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) Goals 7 (Affordable and clean energy), 8 (Decent work and economic growth), and 13 (Climate action).
Details for the program loan are below.
1. Loan amount and Conditions
|Annual interest rate (%)||Repayment
|Electricity Sector Reform and Resilience Enhancement Program Loan||15,000||1.50||25||7||General untied|
2. Executing Agency
Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation
Address: 3rd Circle, Tawfiq Abu Al Huda St, Building No.4, P.O.Box 555, Amman, 11118,Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
3. Planned Implementation Schedule
(1) Completion of program loan: December 2022– when the disbursement is completed
(2) Issuing of letters of invitation for consulting services (including detailed design work): No hiring of consultants is planned for this program loan.
(3) Tender announcement of the initial procurement package for international competitive bidding on the project construction: No work in conjunction with bidding is planned for this program loan.