March 17, 2023
JICA will take measures against the following companies for the period shown below.
- DENTSU INC. (Japan)
- CERESPO CO., LTD. (Japan)
- Fuji Creative Corporation (Japan)
- HAKUHODO Inc. (Japan)
- TOKYU AGENCY INC. (Japan)
- Same Two Inc. (Japan)
- ADK Marketing Solutions Inc. (Japan)
- KADOKAWA CORPORATION (Japan)
From March 17, 2023 to December 16, 2023 (9 months)
- Daiko Advertising Inc. (Japan)
From March 17, 2023 to September 16, 2023 (6 months)
The specific measures imposed are as follows:
1. These companies' eligibility will be suspended for participation in competition for any type of contract with JICA.
2. The condition above will apply to any joint ventures that include these companies. These companies are not allowed to be agents, sub-contractors and guarantors for completion for any contract with JICA during the same period.
(This decision by JICA follows i) the prosecution of Dentsu Group Inc., CERESPO CO., LTD., Fuji Creative Corporation, HAKUHODO Inc., TOKYU AGENCY INC. and Same Two Inc. for allegations of unreasonable restraint of trade, prohibited under the Act on Prohibition of Private Monopolization and Maintenance of Fair Trade, and ii) the arrests of ex-officer and officers of ADK Marketing Solutions Inc., KADOKAWA CORPORATION and Daiko Advertising Inc. for allegations of bribery.)