October 9, 2018
On October 8, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed a loan agreement with the Government of the Republic of the Philippines in Manila to provide a Japanese ODA loan of up to 4.376 billion yen for the New Bohol Airport Construction and Sustainable Environment Protection Project(II).
The objective of the project is to improve operational safety and efficiency of air transportation by constructing a new airport in Panglao Island, Province of Bohol, thereby contributing to sustainable development of the Province.
Special Terms for Economic Partnership (STEP)* will apply to the Japanese ODA loan for this project. Under the concept of Eco-Airport, Japanese technology such as solar power generation system will be utilized for the project.
* STEP refers to special assistance terms for promoting the visibility of Japanese aid through a transfer of outstanding Japanese technology and expertise to developing nations. The main contract is Japan tied and subcontracting is general untied. Although the main contract allows a joint venture with the borrowing country in addition to the Japanese company and its subsidiary with an overseas presence, the Japanese company must be the leading partner in such an arrangement.
Details for the project are provided below.
1. Terms and Amount of Loan
|Annual interest rate (%)||Repayment
|New Bohol Airport Construction and Sustainable Environment Protection Project (II)||4.376||0.1||0.01||40||12||Japan tied|
2. Executing Agency
Department of Transportation
Address: S. Osmeña, Clark Freeport Zone, Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines
3. Planned Implementation Schedule
(1) Completion of project: February 2019 – when all facilities are put into service
(2) Issuing of letters of invitation for consulting services (including construction supervision): Already hired
(3) Tender announcement of initial procurement package for international competitive bidding on project construction: Already contracted
4. JICA Contact Information
For further information about the procurement schedule, please contact the party
Contact Point for Transportation Sector, JICA Philippines Office
Address: 40th Floor, Yuchengo Tower, RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Philippines
Phone: +63 -2-889-7119, fax: +63-2-889-6850