October 24, 2018
On 24 October, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed loan agreements with the Government of the Republic of Indonesia in Jakarta, to provide Japanese ODA loans of up to a total of 70.021 billion yen for Construction of Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit Project (Phase 2) (I).
Under the project, a mass rapid transit system will be constructed in the Jakarta metropolitan area, where traffic congestion is severe, with the objectives of meeting the increasing demand for transportation, alleviating traffic congestion, improving the investment environment and reducing the burden on the environment.
The Special Terms for Economic Partnership (STEP)* will apply to the Japanese ODA loan for the project. Outstanding mud pressure shield technology from Japan will be utilized in the civil engineering, and both rolling stock and a signal system from Japan are also slated for use.
* STEP refers to special assistance terms for promoting the visibility of Japanese aid through a transfer of outstanding Japanese technology and expertise to developing nations. The main contract is Japan tied and subcontracting is general untied. Although the main contract allows a joint venture with the borrowing country in addition to the Japanese company and its subsidiary with an overseas presence, the Japanese company must be the leading partner in such an arrangement.
Details for the project are provided below.
1. Terms and Amount of Loan
|Annual interest rate (%)||Repayment
|Construction of Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit Project (Phase 2) (I)||70,021||0.1||0.01||40||12||Japan tied|
2. Executing Agency
Directorate General of Railways, Ministry of Transportation
Address: Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat No. 8 Jakarta 10110
Provincial Government of DKI Jakarta
Address: Jakarta Provincial Government Building, Jl. Mean Merdeka Selatan No.8-9, Jakarta 10110
Phone: +62-21-3822159 FAX: +62-21-3842871
PT Mass Rapid Transit Jakarta
Address: Wisma Nusantara, 21st Floor, Jl. M.H. Thamrin 59, Jakarta 10350
3. Planned Implementation Schedule
(1) Completion of project: June 2025 – when the MRT operation is inaugurated
(2) Issuing of letters of invitation for consulting services:
Construction supervision:January 2019
(3) Tender announcement of initial procurement package for international competitive bidding on project construction:
Procurement package title: First Civil Works Package (ICB)
Release date: February 2019
4. JICA Contact Information
For further information about the procurement schedule, please contact the party
Contact Point for JICA Indonesia Office,
Address: Sentral Senayan II, 14th Floor Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8, Jakarta 10270, INDONESIA
Phone:+ (62-21) 5795-2112、FAX:+(62-21) 5795-2116