JICA decided to continue the current measures against the following company as shown below.
1. The name of the company
China International Water & Electric Corporation (China)
2. Original period of disqualification
- From August 24, 2016 to February 23, 2017 (6 months)
3. Continued period of disqualification
- From February 24, 2017 until further notice
4. The measures
- This company will be suspended from their eligibility for participation in the process of procurement for grant aid and ODA loan projects during the period shown above. However, if it is determined to be clearly contrary to the interests of beneficiary countries, the process will be decided otherwise.
- This company will be suspended from their eligibility for participation in competition of any procurement contract with JICA.
- Measures above will be applied to any joint ventures which include this company. This company, during the same period, will not be allowed to be a sub-contractor, etc. for a contract with JICA and for grant aid and ODA loan projects.
(This decision was made because China International Water & Electric Corporation did not submit its measures to prevent reoccurrences for JICA's review by February 23, 2017, which had been required for ending the period of disqualification against this company imposed because of its negligent operations in relation to an ODA Loan project in the Republic of Peru.)