JICA decided to take measures against the following company for the period shown below.
- NJS Consultants Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- From September 13, 2017 to July 12, 2019 (22 months)
The measures decided are as follows:
- This company will be suspended from their eligibility for participation in the process of procurement for grant aid and ODA loan projects during the period shown above. However, if it is determined to be clearly contrary to the interests of beneficiary countries, the process will be decided otherwise.
- This company will be suspended from their eligibility for participation in competition of any procurement contract with JICA.
- Measures above will be applied to any joint ventures which include this company. This company, during the same period, will not be allowed to be a sub-contractor, etc. for a contract with JICA and for grant aid and ODA loan projects.
(This decision was made because NJS Consultants Co. Ltd. committed wrongful or dishonest acts in relation to the "Karnaphuli Water Supply Project (Phase 2)" and other related projects in the People's Republic of Bangladesh.)