PhD. (Media and Governance), Keio University, March 2017
MA (Japanese Studies), Sophia University, March 2014
BA (Library and Information Science), University of the Philippines, November 2004
Research Fellow, JICA Research Institute (current JICA Ogata Sadako Research Institute for Peace and Development), August 2019 - present
Part-time Research Assistant (Peace and Development), JICA Research Institute, November 2017-August 2019
College Librarian I, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Valenzuela (Philippines), March 2006 - March 2011
• Robles, L.R. (2022). “Critical Roles of Refugee Leaders and Service Providers in the Gender-based Violence (GBV) Help-Seeking of Refugee Survivors”. Journal of Humanitarian Affairs. 4 (2): 12-21.
• Robles, L.R. (2022). “A Human Security Perspective in Understanding Risk Information During the COVID-19 Pandemic”. GAR2022 Contributing Paper. Geneva: United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction.
• Robles, L. R. (2021) “Reflecting on climate-induced migration as a human security issue: An internally-displaced-person-centered approach to understanding displacement”. Journal of Human Security Studies. 10 (1): 1-20
• Robles L., and Ichinose T.: “Disaster, Resilience and Social Capital: Filipino Students in the Aftermath of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake,” Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia, Vol. 53 No. 1, pp.100-126, 2017.
• Robles L., and Ichinose T.: “Connections, Trust and Social Capital in Disaster: A study on the 2013 Typhoon Haiyan affected residents in Leyte, Philippines,” Journal of Environmental Information Science, Vol. 44.5. pp. 79-86, 2016.
• Robles L. “From Toshokan to Bunko: Rethinking Public Libraries from the view of Japanese Grassroots Children’s Libraries,” Asian Studies, Vol. 45 No.1-2, pp. 17-32, 2009.
•Robles, L. R. (2022). Protection and Empowerment of Displaced People in Disasters: A Human Security Perspective on Climate-Induced Displacement and the Role of NGOs. In İnanç, G. and Lewis, T. Forced Displacement and NGOs in Asia and the Pacific. Oxon; New York: Routledge. 209-223.
• Robles, L., and Ichinose T.: “Empowering Migrant Communities: A step towards inclusive disaster risk reduction and recovery,” (Eds) Guadagno L, Fuhrer M, and Twigg J. Migrants in Disaster Risk Reduction: Practices of Inclusion, IOM, 2017.
•Robles, L. R. (2021). “Confronting ’Dual Disasters': Disaster Displacement in Japan during COVID-19”. Human Security and the Practices of Empowerment in East Asia Research Project: Working Reports. JICA Ogata Sadako Research Institute for Peace and Development. 21p.
•Robles, L. R., Toya, C., and Takeuchi, K. (2021). “A Human Security Perspective on Information Access and Use During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Short Study Report”. JICA Ogata Sadako Research Institute for Peace and Development.
•Robles, Lisette R. (Aug.31, 2020) Social Capital in a Time of ’Social Distancing’: A Reflection on the Impact of COVID-19 on Our Social Connections [Blog post].
2020 -present Japan Association of Human Security Studies (JAHSS)
2015-2016 Center for Environmental Information Science (CEIS-Japan)
2005-2011 Philippine Librarian’s Association Inc. (PLAI)
2020 -present Japan Association of Human Security Studies (JAHSS) 2015-2016 Center for Environmental Information Science (CEIS-Japan) 2005-2011 Philippine Librarian’s Association Inc. (PLAI)