JICA & the Filipinos: Images of a Better Tomorrow
Rules and Guidelines
- The contest is open to all Filipino non-professional and student photographers who are 18 years or older, except JICA employees and immediate family members.
- Images that won in other competitions or have been used for commercial purposes or published will not be eligible.
Submission of Entries
- Images of not more than 10 MB in size must be submitted by email at email@example.com. Winning entries will be required to submit high resolution files of not lower than 3MB as they will be exhibited and printed.
- Submitted images should be in JPEG format and should not have any watermark.
- Each participant can submit up to three (3) images.
- Digital manipulation of images is not allowed, except for basic enhancements like simple cropping.
- The contest participant is responsible for securing a formal consent from concerned parties if any person appears in the photo (i.e. subjects of the photo). For minors that are photographed in the submitted entry, the contest participant must obtain a written consent from the minor’s parents/legal guardians.
- The file name of the image should follow this format: family name then first name_date submitted (ex. JavierLara_06302017). If multiple entries put entry number before the family name (ex. 01JavierLara_06302017, 02JavierLara_6302017, etc.) Submission should also include the registration form which may be downloaded from:
- Late submissions and those with incomplete details will be eliminated. Deadline for submission is on September 15, 2017, 11:59 PM, Philippine time.
- Each image submitted must be original and an unpublished work of the participant who owns the copyright.
- By submitting an image for the contest, the participant is also granting JICA the right to use the image without any fee payment, for JICA PR activities. JICA will acknowledge the participant accordingly.
There will be three winners who will each receive a digital camera (grand prize, 1st and 2nd runner up) and 9 runner-ups who will each get an external hard drive. All 12 finalists will receive a certificate and their photos will be used for JICA publications.