December 5, 2011
Full of Audiences
1. The panel titled “Fisheries Stock Management in Turkey and Japan” was held in cooperation with the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock, Ankara University Faculty of Agriculture, Ankara University Fisheries Research Center (ASUAM), JICA Alumni in Turkey and JICA Turkey Office on December 15, 2011 in Ankara.
2. Opening speeches were delivered by Professor Dr. Ahmet ÇOLAK, Dean of Faculty of Agriculture, Ankara University, and Mr. Akio SAITO, Chief Representative of JICA Turkey Office. The panel was moderated by Associate Professor Dr. Emin OZDAMAR, Senior Program Officer of JICA Turkey Office.
3. Mr. Vahdettin KURUM and Professor Dr. Hasan ATAR were the panellists, who were ex-participants of JICA training program in this field. Mr. Kurum made a presentation for concept of fisheries management in general and particularly in Turkey. He also provided detailed information about the aquaculture and fishery in Turkey in terms of management and fisheries regulations.
Professor Dr. ATAR and Mr. KURUM
4. On the other hand, Professor Dr. ATAR made a presentation concerning fishery especially in Japan from different angles such as management, regulations and statistical data of fishery productions. He also provided examples from Turkey in order to make comparisons between two countries.
5. There were about 90 audiences which consisted of lecturers from faculty of fisheries and students from fisheries engineering department of Ankara University. All the audiences were quite interested in the subject and a lot of questions were raised.
6. JICA will continue to assist Alumni activities to strengthen their experience and knowledge which they gained through our past cooperation.