Revisiting the Impact and Future of the Corridor Development Approach
- 2022/8/24 (Wed)19:30-21:00（JST）
- Corridor Development
- Type of Event
- Online Webinar
- African Union Development Agency-NEPAD (AUDA-NEPAD)/GIZ
The corridor development approach comprehensively integrates economic infrastructure development,industrial development,and social sector development, considering economic corridors as the key development axis. The approach has been accorded growing importance in Africa, as it enables the inclusive revitalization of the region and brings sustainable economic growth.
Since the launch of the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) in 2012, strategic infrastructure development has been underway based on the integrated corridor approach; however, the continent's infrastructure funding gap is widening due to the impact of COVID-19.
To attract investment and implement more efficient development, it is crucial to monitor the progress and impacts of infrastructure development, identify bottlenecks, and revisit the concept of corridor development with new perspectives such as green infrastructure and digital transformation (DX).
- What progress has PIDA made in general and in specific corridors in the past 10 years? What kinds of initiatives have been established to accelerate PIDA?
- What are the bottlenecks and issues in corridor development in Africa, considering its logistics and economic growth potential?
- In the era of post-COVID-19 and DX, how can technologies such as big data, AI, analytics be utilized in the comprehensive/integrated corridor development approach for effective implementation, monitoring, and evaluation? What is the importance of green infrastructure in Africa, and how it can be achieved?
- To share the progresses, challenges, and impacts of corridor development and PIDA and discuss how monitoring and quantitative/qualitative analysis should be utilized to define policies and mobilize financial resources
- To discuss how to further promote effective infrastructure development in Africa by promoting the corridor development approach with consideration of new perspectives , such as DX and green
- Mr. TANAKA Hiroo
- Director General, Infrastructure Management Department, JICA
- Mr. Amine Idriss Adoum
- Director, Programme Delivery and Coordination Directorate, AUDA-NEPAD
- Dr. Towela Nyirenda Jere
- Head of Economic Integration Division, AUDA-NEPAD
- Mr. Eric Ntagengerwa
- Ag Head of Division, Transport and Mobility, Infrastructure and Energy Department, AUC
- Mr. Stephen Ikua
- Chief Executive Officer and Director General, LAPSSET Corridor Development Authority (LDCA)
- Prof. Dr. SASAKI Jin
- Managing Director, Deloitte Tohmatsu Financial Advisory LLC. (Chief Consultant of JICA Study Team)
- Dr. Morgan Pillay
- Senior Advisor on Infrastructure and Finance, GIZ
- Mr. ONODERA Hitoshi
- Chief Project Manager, Infrastructure Design Section, Urban Development Department, Global Company, Pacific Consultants Co. Ltd.
- Mr. MORIKAWA Jun
- Sales Manager, Intraspeed South Africa (Pty) Ltd
*The deadline for registration is 17:00, Tuesday, August 23 (Japan time).