Since 1995 JICA has been inviting Azerbaijan officials to its various training programs in Japan under the Technical Cooperation Scheme of the Government of Japan. So far, the number of participants from Azerbaijan accepted under JICA programs had exceeded 500.
JAAZ has established in 2001, and JAAZ is creating new impact on the network between ex-participants of JICA courses. Traditionally, the annual plan covers activities both in economic and cultural directions. Number of members are about 350.
General Activities to maintain and develop the Association
- Monthly information digest
- Social networks
- Maintain Japanese corner and library
Activities to Promote social & economic development
Lectures, to invite Japanese expert & diplomats, conduct lectures on various topics (see listed below ) in order to spread information about history of Japanese development.
Environment protection, Quality standards, Support to SME (Small – Medium sized Enterprise) in Japan, Political system
Activities to cooperate with JICA or other Japanese ODA
Participation in regional Alumni Association events
Cooperation with other Alumni Association in neighboring countries, such as: Turkey, Georgia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Iran and Tajikistan.
Activities to further promote relations between Azerbaijan and Japan / Activities to strengthen the network among ex-participants
- Ikebana open class: The class provides unique opportunity for Azerbaijanis to take lessons of traditional Japanese art Ikebana.
- Calligraphy open class: Open class gives a chance for participants to try and get more familiarized with traditional Japanese art Shodo (Calligraphy). Materials and master/instructor will be provided during the class.
- Japanese Food festival (competition among participants): Japanese Food Festival is a competition between students and those participants who has interest in Japanese food cooking. All the guests have the chance to try food prepared by competitors and select the best team. The festivals will finish with award ceremony.
- Hinamatsuri (Dolls festival & tea ceremony)
Hinamatsuri is an event where JAAZ members get to know more about Japanese dolls culture and Japanese traditional tea ceremony.
- Japanese music festival
Japanese music festival gives an opportunity to demonstrate the skills in Japanese Singing and dancing.
- Annual meeting