June 22, 2022
JICA decided to take measures against the following company for the period shown below.
• Lequio Power Co.,Ltd. (Japan)
• From June 22, 2022 to September 21, 2022 (3 months)
The measures decided are as follows:
1. This company will be suspended from their eligibility for participation in competition of any procurement contract with JICA.
2. This company will be suspended from their eligibility for participation in the process of procurement for grant aid and ODA loan projects during the period shown above. However, if it is determined to be clearly contrary to the interests of beneficiary countries, the process will be decided otherwise.
3. The measures above will be applied to any joint ventures which include this company. This company, during the same period, will not be allowed to be a sub-contractor, etc. for a contract with JICA.
(This decision was made because Lequio Power Co.,Ltd. committed wrongful or dishonest acts in relation to "the Verification Survey with the Private Sector for Disseminating Japanese Technologies for Improving Maternal and Child Health Utilizing Ultrasound Equipment" in the Republic of the Sudan.)