March 19, 2021
JICA decided to take measures against the following companies for the period shown below.
• Alfresa Corporation (Japan)
• SUZUKEN CO., LTD. (Japan)
• TOHO PHARMACEUTICAL CO.,LTD. (Japan)
• From March 19, 2021 to December 18, 2021 (9 months)
The measures decided are as follows:
1. These companies will be suspended from their eligibility for participation in competition of any procurement contract with JICA.
2. Measures above will be applied to any joint ventures which include these companies. These companies, during the same period, will not be allowed to be sub-contractors, etc. for a contract with JICA.
(This decision follows the prosecution of these companies for bid rigging allegations, prohibited under the Antimonopoly Act, and is based on the corresponding rule in the JICA Rules on Measures against Fraudulent Practices, etc. in Contracts Awarded by JICA.)