Overall Goal and strategy
Accelerating sustainable economic growth with equity and bringing people out of poverty towards becoming a middle income country.
Under the following 9 programs, JICA will support the vitalization of economic activities of the country and measures to overcome social vulnerability with a view to backing the country's efforts to achieve economic growth and to bring people out of poverty through sustainable growth with equity.
Priority 1: Accelerating Economic Growth
- 1. POWER & ENEGY（*1）ensures sustainable economic development from top to bottom of the society by diversified cooperation
- 2. TRANSPORT（*2）generates a positive cycle of economic growth, improving supply chain and reducing poverty
- 3. URBAN DEVELOPMENT（*3）supports growth of urban areas through proper infrastructure development with environment and social consideration
- 4. PRIVATE SECTOR（*4）paves the way for the future development of Bangladesh through investment, job creation and access to finance
Priority 2: Addressing Social Vulnerability
- 5. Attractive, substantive and practical EDUCATION（*5）is a basis of social and economic growth
- 6. Building robust HEALTH（*6）systems towards healthy and wealthy Bangladesh
- 7. Good GOVERNANCE（*7）- efficient and effective service delivery with transparency in central and local government- is solid basis for national integrity
- 8. Rural infrastructure development and improvement of AGRICURTUAL（*8）productivity for activation of rural economy and poverty reduction
- 9. DISASTER（*9）Risk Reduction – Prevention, Mitigation, Rehabilitation & Recovery- and reinforced governance is fundamental of resilient society
Other than technical cooperation, ODA loan and grant aid, JICA provide training programs and volunteer activities.