Quotes and images are published with the explicit consent of their rights holders.
- MoH and JICA sign deal to improve essential health care services
(Kuensel Online, May 12, 2021)
- The Covid-19 pandemic continues to affect Bhutan, however, it has not affected the essential health care services in the country.
- Shift in current horticulture practices urged for increased production
(Kuensel Online, May 11, 2021)
- Given Bhutan's location in the Himalayas with rich natural resources and adjustability for climate change resilience in different elevations, the country's horticultural production could be doubled.
- Only locals can promote local produce
(Kuensel Online, November 1, 2019)
- Local rice instead of the variety of scented imported rice at government conferences, local dried fruits instead of Bangkok sweets as desert or even chuggo instead of candies inside the aircraft.
- D-HOPE catalogue launched
(Bhutan Broadcasting Service (BBS), October 31, 2019)
- To promote cottage and small industries (CSI) in the country, Gakyed Gatoen-Festival of Happiness or Decentralized Hands-on Exhibition (D-HOPE) catalogue was launched in Thimphu.
- Capacity development in health sector is new focus: Watanabe Kozo
(Kuensel Online, September 28, 2019)
- In March this year, Watanabe Kozo assumed the role of Chief Representative of JICA Bhutan. He spoke to Kuensel's Reporter Choki Wangmo on his plans and aspirations during his three-year tenure.
- Japan experience: sharing best practices for balanced development
(Kuensel Online, September 7, 2019)
- At the JICA Training Ex-participant's Seminar in Thimphu yesterday, Bhutanese who received training in Japan under JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) shared and discussed their experiences.
- Pilot project to reduce gastric cancer in Bhutan
(Kuensel Online, August 16, 2019)
- Stomach and cervical cancers constitute the majority of the cancer burden in Bhutan.
- Comprehensive National Development Plan 2030 launched
(Kuensel Online, June 29, 2019)
- To address the issue of rural-urban migration and promote regionally balanced development, a Comprehensive National Development Plan (CNDP) for Bhutan 2030 was launched on June 27.
- JICA provides assistance to maintain bridges
(Kuensel Online, April 24, 2019)
- From the ancient cantilever bridges in places like Paro and Punakha to the most recent one over Amochu at the Samtse-Phuentsholing highway, bridges play an important role in connecting places and people.
- Works to chart mineral resource development plan begin soon
(Kuensel Online, April 1, 2019)
- Works to chart the mineral resources development plan, a critical component in developing the mining sector in the country, will begin from August this year.