"JICA and the Millennial Generation"
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Philippines celebrates its 60th Anniversary of Japan's Official Development Assistance (ODA) in the Philippines this year. To mark this important milestone, JICA launches its first Essay Writing Contest for Filipino high school students as one of its activities.
The essay writing contest aims to highlight the importance of young people in strengthening Japan-Philippines friendship and cooperation. This is an opportunity for the youth to think critically about the connection between Japan and the Philippines in the age of globalization. JICA believes that young Filipinos play a crucial role in sustaining the long-standing friendship and cooperation between Japan and the Philippines.
The contest topic focuses on young people's point of view on JICA's role in Philippine dynamic development through the years.
Top 10 Essay Entries
- 1. Dumanay Meets JICA
Angel Joy Orpilla, Tabuk City National High School
- 2. The Ingredients for a Better World
Luis Antonio Valdez, South Hill School Inc.
- 3. A Permanent Piece of Home: JICA
Katherine Anne Del Rosario, Cavite National High School
- 4. Maneuvering with Velocity: Speed and Direction in Progress through JICA
Krystel Iris De Castro, Recto Memorial National High School
- 5. JICA-ODA in the Youth: Fostering Partnership in Quest for Development
Theresa Mae Villanueva, South Hill School Inc.
- 6. Empowering the Youth through Sustainable Global Cooperation
Apple Jean Dulig, Callang National High School
- 7. More than Anime
Elaine Espirin, Holy Family School of Quezon City Inc.
- 8. Standing Strong and Tall<br>Millen Sidney Paderes, Recto Memorial National High School
- 9. JICA: 60 years of assistance beyond borders
Claire Banganan, Rizal National School of Arts and Trade
- 10. JICA supports health projects for Cordillerans
Khaleila Daine Luyaben, Tabuk City National High School