Background and Objective
Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST) is a governmental Egyptian university built in partnership with Japan in New Borg El-Arab City in Alexandria for postgraduate and undergraduate programs. It is a mutual cooperation between the Egyptian and Japanese governments for the purpose of having a long standing partnership between the two countries to promote human development in the region and worldwide. Collaborating in growing, and developing educational partnerships with Egyptian and Japanese universities, E-JUST is unique for its advanced academic specializations that enhance the exposure of its students to a spectrum of best academic and research experiences.
- A status of national and international recognition.
- A first class international academic institution known worldwide for the high standards of its educational system, the high standard of its graduates and for the achievements of its research centers.
- A world class center of excellence for higher education and research with regional and global reach.
- One of the top 500 international universities within 10 years.
- A success story and a living proof of the Egyptian and Japanese cooperation that promotes human development in the region and the world.
- To become a role model for graduate education and research institutions in Egypt by fostering the Japanese educational standards, policies, and systems. In this regard, EJUST will foster links of collaboration between the Egyptian and Japanese academic institutions.
- To award academic degrees to EJUST's graduates with a high status of international recognition as well as accreditation certificates from local and international accrediting bodies.
- To contribute in the enhancement and improvement of human resources in the region by providing high level educational system and to offer pragmatic and innovative solutions for human needs.
- To promote and support the establishment of a strong business, technical and commercial ties between Japanese industries and organizations, and their counterparts in countries and regions which are served by E-JUST.
First Stage (Oct. 2008 - Feb. 2010)
"The precondition for accepting the 1st batch of postgraduate students at E-JUST is fulfilled"
- A mid-long term (5-15 years) plan of E-JUST is formulated.
- Sufficient number of appropriately qualified and trained human resources (university management, academic and administrative staff) is secured and its governing structure is organized.
- Academic contents, equipment and facilities necessary for postgraduate course are prepared.
Second Stage (October 2010 – September 2013)
"Foundation to become a world class leading university is established"
- Research capacity of E-JUST's academic staff is strengthened to reach the international level.
- Capacity of E-JUST's students to conduct practical research is cultivated and enhanced by conducting Japanese style on the research training.
- Collaboration between E-JUST and industries in Egypt and Japan is enhanced.
Second Phase (February 1, 2014 – January 31, 2019)
"Strengthening the university's academic research and management"
- Advanced research-oriented education for graduate program is provided based on the Japanese model.
- Excellent research activities take root in E-JUST.
- Sound relationships between E-JUST and the industry and the society in and out of Egypt are nurtured.
- Capacities of university management and administration are strengthened for graduate and undergraduate programs.
"The Project for Procurement of Education and Research Equipment for Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST)"
First Phase (July 26, 2016 – October 31, 2019)
Second Phase (December 18, 2017 ‐October 31, 2020)
- A grant aid is provided up to two billion Japanese Yen (First Phase) and 993 million Japanese Yen (Second Phase) to contribute to the procurement of educational equipment.
- Quality of undergraduate program of the Faculty of Engineering is supported based on practical education through experiments, practices and researches.
"The Project for Introduction of clean energy by solar electricity generation system"
Grant agreement signed on (February 11, 2010)
- JICA extends a grant of 970 million Japanese Yen to the Egyptian Government to establish a solar electricity generation system in the university.
For more information about E-JUST, please visit the university's official website: