3rd Floor, Bay's Galleria, 57 Gulshan Avenue（CWS-A19）
<Person in charge>
Language： Japanese, English, Bangla
|RESPONSIBILITIES OF NGO AFFAIRS BUREAU／NGO局の役割||The NGO Affairs Bureau will discharge the following responsibilities:
- Arrange one-stop service for NGO registration and processing of project proposals.
- Approval of project proposals submitted by NGOs, releasing funds, appointment of expatriate officials/consultants and their tenure of service.
- Scrutinize and evaluate various reports and statements submitted by NGOs.
- Link, Coordinate, monitor, inspect and evaluate NGO programmes.
- Approve receipt of contributions by NGOs.
- All other matters relating to NGOs
The Bureau will be responsible for maintaining communication with concerned Ministries/Agencies on the above subjects and obtaining their views when required.
Ministers/divisions of the Government and their subordinate offices will consult the Bureau prior to entering into any agreement/Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with foreign and foreign assisted Bangladeshi NGOs.
For approval of NGO projects, implementation of progrmmes and their monitoring, the following principles will be adhered to :
- Interested organizations first shall have to apply for NGO Affairs Bureau registration. The applicants have to address to the Director General, NGO affairs bureau under section 3 (1) of the foreign donations (voluntary activities) Regulations Rules 1978.
1) Supporting documents
Registration fee for Foreign NGOs is $1000 (one thousand USD) or equivalent of local currency.
Connection with Ministry of Home Affairs
- Applicant NGOs must follow assigned terms and conditions elaborately in the letter of registration.
Terms and conditions of Foreign NGOs who are interested to support Bangladeshi NGOs
|PROCEDURE FOR RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION／登録更新の手続き||
Registration FeeThe renewal fee is US $500.00 (five hundred US dollar) for the foreign NGOs.
Application Procedure- Application for the renewal of registration (for a period of 5 years) must be submit ed to Director General, NGO Affairs Bureau 6 (six) months prior to the expiry of registration.
FD-1 form Annexure-1 (PDF/198KB)
Supporting documents- Two copies of treasury Challan (copy of fee payment), showing deposit of fee for renewal of registration.
- Organization's constitution, list of the members of the executive committee and the minutes of the annual general meetings.
|PROCEDURE FOR APPROVAL OF PROJECT／プロジェクト許可申請||
- Foreign NGOs will have to submit 9 (nine) copies of the project proposal inFD-6 form (Annexure-2) to the Director General of NGO Affairs Bureau.
- Foreign NGOs which do not directly implement any project but provide funds to different NGOs will have to submit project proposal prepared in FD-6 form (Annexure-2) along with FD-2 form in three copies for release of fund.
Rehabilitation ProjectRehabilitation Project holder NGOs need to submit proposal in details in prescribed proforma FD-6 (Annexure-2)
FD-6 Annexure 2 (PDF/210KB)
Disaster and Post-disaster Emergency Relief Programme
NGOs willing to undertake emergency relief operations with foreign assistance during disaster/post-disaster period need to submit relief programme in FD-7 form (Annexure 3).
Additional forms required for Project Approval
FD-6 form Annexure A (PDF/113KB)
Connection with concerned Ministry
- It is NGO Affairs Bureau's responsibility to deal with concerned Ministry regarding the proposed project. If the concerned Ministry has any objection about the project or recommends modification of the project, the arguments in favor of such objections or modifications will have to be communicated to the Bureau in detail.
|RECEIPT AND UTILIZATION OF FOREIGN DONATIONS／海外資金の受取り||
- Foreign NGOs will have to submit FD-2 form (Annexure-4) in triplicate for receiving foreign assistance for the first year at the time of submission of Project Proposal.
- Statement on foreign donations received and spent in the previous year will have to be submitted at the same time in FD-3 form (Annexure 5) form in triplicate.
- To utilize the access Taka gained due to fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates and interest increment in bank account NGOs have to submit project proposal in FD-6 form in triplicate.
- Note:If the maintenance and operational costs of established or on going concerns such as, educational institutions, prayer houses, hospitals, charitable dispensaries, missions, etc. are to be met from foreign donations, the NGOs will have to apply to the Bureau in FD-8 form (annexure 6) form with 9 (nine) copies together with relevant papers.
Maintenance of Accounts of Foreign Donations
(1) If foreign assistance received in kind then in
Appointment of Foreign Specialists/Consultants/Officials:
- For appointment or extension of the tenure of appointment of expatriates in approved projects, Foreign NGOs need to apply in FD-9 Annexure 7 form to the Bureau.
Receipt and Utilization of Foreign Contribution
- Prior approval must be obtained from the Bureau/concerned Ministry in cases of both receipt and delivery of foreign contribution. If the contribution relates to voluntary activities, application should be addressed to Director General, NGO Affairs Bureau. No enquiry by the Minister of Home Affairs will be required if the recipient NGO is registered with NGO Affairs Bureau.
- Recipient NGOs need to apply in FC-1 form (Annexure-8) in five copies
- Donor need to apply in FC-2 form (Annexure 9) in five copies
Inspection and Audit of Accounts (to be maintained by NGOs)
- For auditing yearly accounts of NGOs, NGO Affairs Bureau will prepare a list of Chartered Accountants as per the Bangladesh Chartered Accountants Order, 1973. NGOs shall have to get their accounts audited by a Chartered Accountant so enlisted and shall bear all the audit expenses from their project fund.
- The NGOs will ensure audit of accounts within two months of termination of the financial year. The organizations will submit to NGO Affairs Bureau 3 copies of the audit report. This will contain detailed information as to whether project expenses have been made in accordance with the conditional ties approved by the Bureau. The auditor will furnish a certificate in FD-4 (Annexure 10) form with his report.